Monday, March 10, 2014

Picture is worth a thousand words?

Well, folks, I finally got in front of a full length mirror with a camera in hand.  It isn't the best lighting, the photo is grainy for some reason, but overall, the point is that I like what I see in the mirror.  This was taken Sunday before church.


I am 2 months and 19 days post surgery, down to 219 pounds.  I was 295 when I began this journey and 265 the day of surgery.  That is a total of 76 pounds down!  I have not been 219 pounds since my freshman year of college.

As for clothes, I am getting to that funky size where misses are too small and plus sizes are too big.  It all depends on the brand, but overall, its frustrating.

I still have a long way to go, but I am feeling really good.  The weather is so great this week and it is spring break!!!  What seemed like such a huge goal of getting under 200 pounds again is now within reach and I hope to get there by Memorial Day.  I would love to say Easter, but I know the further out from surgery I get the more the weight loss will slow down as my body heals and adjusts to my new stomach.  So between Easter and Memorial Day I hope to lose 20 more.  Before school begins in the fall I want to be down to 150 and I really think that is doable with a lot of restraint and dedication on my part.  I have to do it.  This is all on me and I love being able to say I did it rather than, I failed once again.  Success is so much more fun!  I got myself this way, I can get myself back!

No comments:

Post a Comment