Monday, January 13, 2014

Back to School, Part Deux!

I was much more prepared to go back to school this morning.  I had snacks, I had protein, I had apple juice.  I took my medicine.  I didn't bother with the hair and makeup cause I was more determined to make it through the day without feeling like I was going to pass out rather than how I looked.  I'm sure that will change (who am I kidding, I like sleep too much)  Today was one of those really great days where you feel great and people notice.  The people in the office kept saying how great I looked.  Our secretary looked at me and said, "Amber, your face is so pretty!"  She was so genuine and so sincere.  I realized that these people only know fat me.  They never knew this version or even smaller versions of me.  I recognize myself, but in looking through pictures of the past year or so, I'm not sure I would recognize me.  If I do now, I won't in a couple months!  I had two people tell me I needed to get smaller pants.... the ones I was wearing were some that were "new" again last week.  I looked like I was wearing a sagging diaper all day.  Not so cute.  Looking forward to getting a new wardrobe and continuing down this path!
This was mid-August at our family reunion.  I was at my heaviest, and completely swollen.  Yet I didn't step on a scale for over a month after this.  I was scared cause I knew it was bad.  You can't even seen my eyes. 
I am happy to report that I have lost a total of 56 pounds since Oct. 2nd.
I have lost 26 pounds since my surgery 24 days ago!


Definitely on the way to a healthier, happier me!



No comments:

Post a Comment