Saturday, January 4, 2014

Or not...

So yesterday I started eating soft food ans might have been a little ambitious.  I had half a scrambled egg in the morning.  It just didn't taste as good as I had hoped it would and after a couple bites, I was done.  My stomach should be able to hold a half cup, but I did what they told me and stopped when I wasn't hungry rather that when I felt full.  I had a little of a casserole for lunch (it was on my list!) And that's when it started to hurt.  It's like a super intense heartburn right in the middle of your chest every time you swallow.  Still felt pretty good though.  Last night I had half a meatball, some mashed potatoes and a couple cooked carrots.  Even the mashed potatoes hurt.  I fell asleep in Gibbs room while putting him to bed and stayed there all night.  This morning I felt kinda blah.  I made my protein drink and went to the grocery store.  When I got back, I started feeling nausea.  I never actually threw up but not for lack of trying.  I finally called the doc who told me that sometimes people take longer to heal and to go back to liquid until Monday.   I took some anti-nausea medicine and started to feel better.  If it is going to hurt that way, I will stick with liquids forever.  You can find some tasty liquids!  It will be worth it when I can look in the mirror and not be disgusted.  I did try on old pants today and while the jeans were all too small, I now have 6 "new" pairs of dress pants!  I can't wait to see how or if people react when we go back on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment